Auto-Transcribe media in over 100 languages using Telestream Cloud’s Timed Text Speech
Dramatically save time by automatically creating a text transcript of your video using speech-to-text technology. Auto-Transcribe your media in over 100 languages using Timed Text Speech. This cloud based service uses the power of AI to return texting and timing results to CaptionMaker and MacCaption.
- Text and timing populates directly to your captioning project
- Review text results as they are received along with your video
- Quickly edit text results with new custom keystrokes
- Automatically loop video while reviewing text results
- Index your videos for key word searches
Fast, efficient processing
MacCaption and CaptionMaker provide an efficient way for you to comply with federal regulations while maintaining fast delivery of time-sensitive captioned video material.
- Use existing video editing systems, capture cards and video servers
- Begin preparing your captions while you are editing
- Convert captions to subtitles and webcast formats
- Convert the video frame rate and timing of captions or subtitles
- Batch encode closed captions to various video deliverables
- Output Caption and Subtitle files to Vantage for DVB Teletext, DVB Subtitles, and video transcoding with CEA-608 and 708 to various media formats.
- Prepare captions and subtitles in various resolutions and frame rates including 4K, UHD, and 23.98 fps
- Fix, troubleshoot, and legalize problematic caption file formats such as SCC.
At the core of MacCaption and CaptionMaker is the e-Captioning™ engine. This revolutionary technology integrates with digital production systems to prepare and encode both standard and high definition video with caption and subtitle data.
- Encode subtitles and captions to various file formats
- Export subtitle and caption data to video editing systems
- Embed captions and subtitles into OTT Web and mobile content
- Extract caption and subtitle data from video files or live feeds
- Email captions and subtitle files to your clients
- Edit captions and subtitles in a non-linear interface with batch conversion and automated workflows
- Enhance your closed captions and subtitles with true CEA-708 and OP-47/OP-42 Teletext features
- Expand your potential viewing audience with captions and subtitles in an international market
Captioning and Subtitling for any Mac and Windows workflow
Captioning and subtitling for file based workflows, OTT web and mobile, NLEs, assembly and media management, live broadcast and webcast, DVD and Blu-Ray.
Automatic Time Stamping
Our Auto Time Stamp (ATS) feature dramatically reduces the time it takes to time stamp your closed captions.
Synchronize your transcript to your video
To caption a video you need a transcript. Then you need to synchronize, or time stamp, the transcript so that each phrase is displayed at the right time. Our Auto Time Stamp (ATS) feature dramatically reduces the time it takes to time stamp your captions.
Use our products to embed closed captioning directly into files, including: MPEG-2 Program and Transport Streams, QuickTime, MCC, and more. Teletext OP-47/OP-42, CEA-608, and CEA-708 read and write are supported for MXF OP1a workflows.
Closed Captions for Web and Mobile
Our software provides the flexibility to create closed captions for all the popular web and mobile formats, including: Facebook, YouTube, Flash, QuickTime, iTunes, Vimeo and Windows Media. It also converts existing closed captions into web formats.
Caption support for Internet video players
MacCaption products now support all the new Internet captioning formats, including IMSC 1.0, WebVTT, SMPTE TT 2052, EBU-TT, and iTunes.iTT. This allows you to upload your video content with captions for playback on YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, Android, Safari in iOS7, and Kindle Fire. Universities, government agencies, and corporate video departments can now comply with strict accessibility guidelines by using MacCaption to easily create FCC-compliant caption data and other Internet closed captioning video formats.
HD captioning and subtitling for video editors
MacCaption and CaptionMaker are the only software products that enable the HD closed captioning functions of Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer & Symphony, and Final Cut Pro. You can edit and output HD and SD closed captions to tape, file, disc, mobile devices, and the web. Subtitle overlay files are created with alpha channel graphics to provide compatibility with your editing workflow.
Harness the power of your video systems
Most popular NLE systems and capture cards accept Telestream encoded caption files and map the data to the proper location in the HD or SD video signal. We also support popular playout servers.
Assemble Edit and Automation
Extract closed captions from previously captioned video and re-export them to a variety of formats. Caption and subtitle data can automatically be conformed to match an edit decision list (EDL). Software also supports batch conversion and command line interface (CLI) scripting for automated workflows.
Live Broadcast and Live Webcast
Use our software with a hardware encoder to caption a live broadcast or to live text stream to a web site. Or, use it to caption live YouTube streaming video. Captions can be input via speech recognition software or stenograph.
DVD and Blu-Ray
MacCaption and CaptionMaker work with all professional authoring programs, allowing you to create closed captions and subtitles for DVD and subtitles for Blu-ray.
Subtitling support includes burn-in to .MOV, Teletext OP-47/OP-42, and subtitle overlay exports to video editing and transcoding systems. In addition, MacCaption and CaptionMaker support standard subtitling text formats for conversion to modern OTT subtitling files. Our MacCaption system is excellent for subtitling in foreign languages and has support for custom fonts, drop shadows, and Japanese Ruby annotation formatting. Convert your subtitling project to iTunes iTT for international delivery.
About Auto Time Stamp
To caption a video, you need a transcript. Then you need to synchronize, or time stamp, the transcript so that each phrase is displayed at the right time. In the past, synchronizing captions was a labor-intensive, time consuming process. Your options were limited to doing the time stamping yourself, or paying a service on a recurring basis to do it for you.
Telestream offers an Auto Time Stamp (ATS) feature for our post production closed captioning software. This feature is a huge time saver for organizations who need to caption a large volume of videos for which transcripts are available. Automatic time stamping won’t always be as accurate as a human being, but since it identifies potential problem areas in the file, you can achieve the accuracy of a human being without the tedium of manually timing the entire video. This can also help you quickly identify any discrepancies in the transcript.
ATS works very well for videos such as (but not limited to): speeches, lectures, presentations, meetings, training videos, etc. which have clean audio. It does not work as well if the audio has already been mixed with music or sound effects, so it is isn’t recommended for captioning dramatic content, music videos, videos with lots of background noise or low fidelity audio, such as telephone or VoIP recordings.
- An accurate English language transcript.
- A video with a high quality audio track (i.e. good signal-to-noise ratio).
- CaptionMaker or MacCaption software
- Automatically synchronizes each caption; no need to manually time stamp captions. (This labor-saving option takes MacCaption’s and CaptionMaker’s existing feature of automatically breaking unformatted text into captions to the next level of automation).
- The process is much faster than real-time (15 times to 30 times faster, depending on the speed of your computer).
- The software automatically detects captions with poor synchronization and highlights them in red, so you can spot check and manually correct these captions if you so choose.